If you are hooking up a fax machine to iTel, we recommend the following settings.
- Baud Rate: 9600
- ECM (error correction mode): Disabled
- Use tone dialing and not pulse dialing.
To connect the fax machine to an Analogue Telephone Adapter:
- Plug the fax machine's analogue telephone line into the Phone 1 port on the Linksys Analogue Adapter sent to you by iTel
- Run an Ethernet cable from the Adapter to the wall or switch port to connect it to the Internet
- Plug the power adapter supplied with the Analogue Adapter into a suitable power outlet
If you have an HP X476 or similar model see This Article