Call Quality Issues may include the following:
- Inaudible sections in the audio
- Jitter (abrupt and unwanted variations in sound)
- One-way audio
- A busy signal or beeping audible during the call
A majority of voice quality issues are a result of excessive network traffic or a spotty internet connection. This is especially noticeable where the phones and computers are connected to the same network and where backup services and heavy traffic processes like HD video download services are in use.
Important Note on Dedicated Phone Connections
As network traffic can be unpredictable, iTel Networks highly recommends that you order a separate internet connection for your phones to eliminate any future issues. This will prevent devices on your network from interfering with your phone calls. Please let us know if this is something you would like to pursue.
- Restart all network devices and then the phones. Sometimes networks can lose sync and a power cycle will often fix this issue.
See the articles Restart Networking Equipment and Restart a Phone
- While you are having call quality issues, check all office computers to see if any of the programs or sites named above are currently being used
- Power down each computer in turn to see if the problem computer can be isolated
- Please provide iTel Support with call examples as they arise; this should include:
- A description of symptoms
- Date and time of the call
- Originating phone number (where the call came from)
- Terminating phone number (where the call ended up)